Can I engage the fans at the track during the MotoGP race week end?
Last year more than 2.660.000 people attended the 18 races of the MotoGP Championship. On average, there were more than 148.000 people at each race: mostly male (80%), the majority of whom were under 35 years old. 83% of them declared that they tend to choose a brand because they associate it with MotoGP*
Needless to say, not only it is possible to do some activities to engage the attendees at the race track, but these on-site activations should play a major role in any sponsorship program.
What do you need in order to set up a marketing activity at the track?
• First of all, you must be a partner of the championship, either by sponsoring one of the teams or being an Official Partner for the MotoGP season. The right to organize such an activity is strictly given to those involved, and rightly so: engaging with such a targeted audience is a privilege for the partner and mustn’t be made less effective by the presence of competitors.
• Then you have to buy a space in the public area (the area with the highest number of reachable people). Here you can build your booth or set up your premises: from Friday to Sunday, this will become home to your brand (read more about: MotoGP Sponsorship Costs)
• Design a stand fit for the purpose
• Plan the activity in great detail, taking care of engagement activities, informative material and leaflets, promotions, gadget give-aways, database building and so on…During this phase you will be constantly liaising with the
organizer in order to get all the info and tech spec you need. Some of the most common? A timing schedule for loading/unloading operations, a map of the area, the type of passes needed to access the circuit…
While doing this part related to the hardware you will have to organize the other part as well
So you’ll have to source:
• The company that can build the stand you designed
• The company that can help you with the personnel
• Someone who’s sorting out the red tapes, especially if you intend to sell anything
It is very important to arrange in advance the material we need to gather the data for the ROI misuration and or an eventual Database building
Now you are ready: the booth is clean and stuffed with everything you need, the personnel has been briefed and itching to start. At the same time, the Fans are all yours to be engaged, they are eager to interact with the brands linked to the sport, make the most of the opportunity.
Finger crossed, hope it doesn’t rain…But be prepared for it (so keep in mind to always produce some umbrellas with the brand logo just in case and don’t forget to ask for a raised floor).
As you can see, the operation itself is not too complicated. Even so, it is better handled if it is run by experts, just to avoid the normal mistakes which are natural when facing a new challenge.
As always do not refrain from asking any kind of info you would like to get. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.rtrsports.co.uk/contacts
* Source CSM International Gmbh