Following these two lines, there is a list of long-standing sports sponsorships. Some of the biggest Companies in the world know that sponsorship has an enormous value, hence they stayed in for decades, and here we go:
- Ford and Geelong Football Club celebrated 90 years of association and extended their partnership till the end of 2020, making it one of the longest sports team partnerships in the world. https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/sponsorship/geelong-football-club/;
- The Coca-Cola Company is the longest continuous sponsor of the Olympic Games (94 years so far) the relationship started in 1928 and they have extended their Worldwide Partnership through 2020. https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/stories/making-history-with-the-olympic-games#;
- In Tennis, the partnership between Wimbledon and Slazenger started 116 Years ago;
- Repsol and Honda HRC are still together after 23 years. The duo is going strong and it is one of the protagonists of the MotoGP Championship;
- Philip Morris has been sponsoring Ferrari since the mid-80s, their partnership will go ahead until 2021…36 years and still racing together;
- After 20 years the partnership between Inter e Pirelli is very solid and it is set to go well over 25 years’ duration;
- The association between McDonald’s and FIFA World Cup dates since 1994. At the 2018 Russia world cup, they will be celebrating 24 years of partnership;
- The Coca-Cola Company is been with FIFA since 1974. Coke began to sponsor the world cup in 1978. Coca-Cola has had stadium advertising at every FIFA World Cup since 1950;
- Visa used the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 to celebrate over 30 Years of Olympic Sponsorship;
- Barclays have enjoyed a great partnership with the Premier League over the last 15 years and they are still going;
- In Italy Telecom Italia and Serie A reached the 20 years in 2018;
- Rugby Football Union and O2 partnership begun in 1995 and the contract will expire in 2021 (26 years);
- ECB England and Wales Cricket Board and NatWest have a long-standing relationship that has lasted over 35 years.
Obviously, these companies are not in the sponsorship arena just because they like sports. During such a long period many managers have succeeded and all have realized the utility of being sponsors otherwise they would not have renewed those partnerships.
They realized the immense value that sponsoring a discipline can add to their brand and how a sports marketing program can have a great impact on sales while giving PR and hospitality opportunity.
If you are interested in knowing more about sponsorship contact us at email@example.com